Photobucket

Monday, March 29, 2010

The lesser of 2 evils...is there one?

The lesser of 2 evils…is there one?

So hear me out…and please remember that this is a journey for me, it is not like I woke up and all of a sudden all I am doing is 100% organic or natural things…that is NOT the case, I am just trying to live better/greener/healthier/eco-friendler (is that even a REAL word?)/and more organic….So remember that while you read my blog!

Today, I work 13 hours.  Yes, you read that right, I said 13 hours.  Anyhow so tonight when I was thinking about dinner, my mind wandered to one of the many fast food restaurants that were on my way to work…there must have been 50 of them.  And, you will be proud to know that the place I ended up eating was….Albertsons! I purchased 10 slices of Turkey pastrami, and 4 slices of mild cheddar cheese.  I also had a package of dry mangos (the one in my kids snacks review) and a grande black and green tea, no sweetener, no water from the SBUX.  (While I was there I found dried cherries from the same company that the mangoes come from, so I picked those up to try later on.) My dinner was DELICIOUS!

Now, you may ask why the title of my post is what it is.  I am going to say, yes…there is a lesser of the 2 evils.  Now, you may be asking here, what are the evils? Well, evil #1 is ANY meal from a fast food joint! Which if I had gone there, I would have gotten something with fries, I am sure, and a diet coke…I don’t drink regular coke, I drink diet coke…not for the diet value per say, more because I just like the taste! LOL! And Evil #2 is the processed meat I ate.  I say that I DID pick the lesser of 2 evils.  Although the meal was made of processed foods (the meat)…which to be honest I would like to faze out at some point… it was WAY less calories, fat, transfats, sodium….and so on, and it was WAY healthier in the long run, and the total meal cost me $4.67.  Way healthier and way more natural…the tea was as were the mangoes…actually, the mangoes were even USDA certified organic.  So, to say the least, I am proud of my healthy dinner choice.

GARDEN UPDATE!!!!

I picked up the “grounds for your garden” from Starbucks this morning.  2 huge bags.  I have no put them on my dirt yet, I did not quite have time to, however I will be doing it tomorrow afternoon when the kids can help.  I have watered my tomatoes though!

ALSO, I have been thinking about what to do with my Starbucks cups that I get with water in them, because no, I have not purchased a new cup…BUT, I am going to poke holes in the bottom, and use them to start the seeds in for the garden!  We will be starting our lettuce and our snap peas tomorrow afternoon….I will be sure to take pics, and update tomorrow!

With all of that said, my day was long and I am exhausted! Enjoy your evening!


1 comment:

  1. way to go Rhi!! I am so proud..i can't say I wouldn't have just stopped by a fast food place!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete